We are, without question, the top IT firm in central Kentucky, and we have the client roster to prove it. Our company was created to be an IT partner for small and mid-sized businesses with a focus on creating tailored solutions for each client.
We are certified partners with the top names in the IT industry: Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, HP, and IBM, just to name a few. In addition, we have established a level of trust and integrity with our customers, who have come to rely on our advice for everything that has a plug or a battery.
Further, 100% of our business comes by word-of-mouth advertising. We are growing again and in need of an IT Field Service Engineer.
The IT Field Service Engineer is responsible for performing field work for Axiom’s business clients as well as maintaining Axiom Solutions’ internal systems.
Field Service Responsibilities include:
- Setting up and installing new servers and network equipment, desktops, and printers
- Installing and troubleshooting client applications (proprietary and off-the-shelf)
- Troubleshooting server and workstation software and hardware issues
- Monitoring backup systems and ensuring jobs are completed per schedule
- Communicating system issues, updates, and resolution plans/timelines to customer in person and/or via email and phone
- Installing and troubleshooting phone systems
- Wiring business client sites for phone and computer systems and/or media
- Monitoring and troubleshooting server applications such as SQL and Exchange
- Monitoring and troubleshooting network infrastructure (firewalls, switch, wireless applications, etc.)
Internal Systems Responsibilities include:
General maintenance and support of Axiom Solutions’ network and internal systems as well as monitoring and troubleshooting Axiom’s hosting operations. The IT Field Service Engineer must be able to assess, architect, plan, implement, document, and support complex systems and network infrastructure environments to meet the company’s current demands and allow for growth. The successful candidate must be able to assess and select appropriate hardware, software, tools, and resources for the company’s internal systems.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 5 years experience in IT with a minimum of 2 years working in a field support role
Must Excel in:
- Installing and configuring server equipment
- Server and network administration
- All Windows O/S, Windows Server, Active Directory, Virtual Server, SQL Server, Exchange and Office Suites
Must be able to:
- Work within deadlines
- Handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Adapt to rapidly changing schedules
- Solve business problems with both standard and non-standard solutions in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Server hardware (IBM, Dell, HP)
- Demonstrate knowledge of Storage Area Networks, iSCSI, and NAS Solutions
- Demonstrate knowledge of Routers, VPN, Firewalls, and Wireless
Salary is commensurate with experience.