As the top IT firm in Central Kentucky, we partner with small to mid-sized businesses, creating tailored solutions for each client.
We are certified partners with the top names in the IT industry: Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, HP, and IBM, just to name a few. In addition, we’ve established a level of trust and integrity with our top roster of clients, who’ve come to rely on our advice for everything that has a plug or a battery.
Further, 100% of our business comes by word-of-mouth advertising. We are growing again and in need of a Senior IT Field Engineer.
The Senior IT Field Engineer is responsible for performing field work for our business clients as well as maintaining and enhancing our internal systems.
Field Service Responsibilities include:
- Setting up and installing new servers and network equipment
- Installing and troubleshooting client applications (proprietary and off-the-shelf)
- Troubleshooting server and workstation software and hardware issues
- Monitoring backup systems and ensuring jobs are completed per schedule
- Communicating system issues, updates, and resolution plans/timelines to customer in person and/or via email and phone
- Installing and troubleshooting phone systems
- Monitoring and troubleshooting server applications such as SQL and Exchange
- Monitoring and troubleshooting network infrastructure (firewalls, switch, wireless applications, etc.)
Internal Systems Responsibilities Include:
General maintenance and support of network and internal systems as well as monitoring and troubleshooting hosting operations. Must be able to assess, architect, plan, implement, document, and support complex systems and network infrastructure environments to meet the company’s current demands and allow for growth. The successful candidate must be able to assess and select appropriate hardware, software, tools, and resources for the company’s internal systems.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 7 years experience in IT with progressive responsibilities and a minimum of 2 years working in a field support role
Must Excel in:
- Installing and configuring server equipment
- Server and network administration
- All Windows O/S, Windows Server, Active Directory, Virtual Server, SQL Server, Exchange and Office Suites
Must be able to:
- Work within deadlines
- Handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Adapt to rapidly changing schedules
- Solve business problems with both standard and non-standard solutions in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrate Knowledge of Server hardware (IBM, Dell, HP)
- Demonstrate Knowledge of Storage Area Networks, iSCSI, and NAS Solutions
- Demonstrate Knowledge of Routers, VPN, Firewalls, and Wireless
Salary is commensurate with experience.